EQUIPPING STUDENTS TO BE THE CHURCH NOW
Following God’s call to connect leaders of all ages to his Kingdom
The purpose of the Student Leadership Track is twofold: it is designed to help your student leaders grow in 1) their personal faith journey and 2) their practical ministry skills. Student leaders will grow by focusing on training and practicing new skills together. They will also be equipped to continue ministry back home.
Youth Leadership, the new ministry home of Summer Festival, is taking its years of experience and creating a brand new curriculum focused on teaching students skills for a life of leadership and ministry.
Participants of the Student Leadership Track of Summer Festival Camp will experience:
- A side-by-side experience in which high school students are servants and learners, in the midst of the traditional middle school Summer Festival Camp experience
- Training to see themselves as leaders who lead through their unique gifts
- A variety of breakout sessions including: Leadership Styles, Personal Spiritual Habits, Prayer, Bible Study, Conversations that Minister, Sharing Your Faith Story, and much more!
- Hands-on application to put what’s learned in the classroom to work at camp
- Real responsibilities in executing the vision, mission and plan of camp
- 10 great meals at Gustavus
- Their very own dorm room shared with another student leader.
Dates: July 15-18
Check-in Time: 1:00pm on July 15th. Students who are attending Summer Festival Camp: High School are welcome to stay at camp, as the middle school camp will begin right after the high school camp ends. Student Leadership Track participants will need to arrange their own transportation home at the end of middle school camp.
Check-Out Time: 11:30am on July 18th
For: Student leaders entering grades 11-12 and high-graduates
** Prior attendance to Summer Festival Camp this summer or any summer is not necessary to attend the Student Leadership Track