Summer Festival Camp’s Working Covid Prevention Plan
We are committed to the safety of Summer Festival campers. Although the risk from the COVID-19 virus can not be completely removed, there are strategies that have been can significantly diminish this risk. We will implement these strategies to the best of our abilities.
To the best of our ability – We will be following:
- Minnesota Department of Health,
- CDC recommendations,
- ACA Field Guide for COVID-19 for ‘Overnight Summer Camps.’
Details of the plan include:
- The Camp Director will oversee the Covid-Prevention Plan and respond to COVID-19 concerns.
- All campers, counselors, and staff will submit a negative COVID test administered within 72 hours prior to the start of camp OR provide proof of vaccination.
- Participants will self-screen each morning and report any symptoms of sickness to the Camp Director.
- Anyone who starts to show symptoms will be removed from camp.
- Contact tracing will be used for non-vaccinated participants within 6 feet of anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes within 24 hours.
- Indoors, Masks are encouraged but not mandatory by non vaccinated participants
- Masking is not required when outside for any participants unless they choose to mask
- Fully vaccinated individuals do not need to mask inside, though they are welcome to continue masking if they prefer.
- We are asking trip leaders to regulate the mask requirements for their students
- We are asking students to self-regulate the mask requirements for themselves
7. Many aspects of programming will take place outdoors,
8. Participants will be encouraged to wash their hands frequently.
9. The club room will have assigned zones for pods of small groups.
10. Inside activities will take place in church small groups.
12. Participants are encouraged to get the vaccine before attending, if able.
13. Housing is available for singles or doubles based on preference of parent/guardian.
MDH Guiding Documents: